Re: [Roadsters] Pretty snappy bidding underway for a '69 1600,

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Pretty snappy bidding underway for a '69 1600,
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:43:59 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/2007 8:19:15 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
gkmcc@sbcglobal.net writes:

"...survived without the aid of seat belts..." but you were never in a
vehicle that was in a serious accident, I'll warrant. Same thing with your
daughter in the wind-up swing (?!). Pretty scary.

Growing up the son of  a CHP officer, and reading CHP Magazine every month
since I was old enough to  read, I never resented seat belts - I read the
accident reports and saw those  (thankfully black & white) pictures. Our family
cars
had 'em installed  before they were required by law. Never resented or even
questioned wearing a  helmet to ride my motorcycles, either - I had seen those
pictures in CHP  magazine, too. Picked myself up and walked away from a spill
on a racetrack  once - happened at 60+ mph - and had to throw away my helmet
and buy a new one  'cause it looked like it had been held up to a belt sander.

On the  motorcycle thing: be careful what you say. When Elizabeth Dole - you
know,  Bob's wife - was head of the NHTSA back in the '70s, she was pushing
for a  requirement that motorcycles have a rotating yellow light mounted on a
"sissy  bar" arrangement - to increase visibility.

Gary McCormick
San Jose,  CA
'70 2000 SRL311-13291

LIGHTEN UP MY MAN.  Yes, I WAS in serious accidents on both  motorcycle and
in cars (one of my Datsun got retired to the scrap heap due to  stupidity in
the other driver).

Still standing, still walking, still enjoying the ride on both.    Not going
to debate the issues, the world is full of both opinions, I have mine  and you
have yours...that's why I live in a State that does not mandate  motorcycle
helmets, and I stepped in the local political arena to make sure  government
does not mandate too much in our personal lives.

Here's to keeping the world revolving and the pursuit of life, liberty and
happiness.  Datsun's FOREVER.

Gary Lasater  - Parker CO
founding member _www.WyCROC.org_ (http://www.wycroc.org/)
1963 SPL310-00161C (Single  Carb)