Re: [Roadsters] Pretty snappy bidding underway for a '69 1600,

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Pretty snappy bidding underway for a '69 1600,
From: BARTERDUDE@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 10:05:06 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/2007 7:46:10 A.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
matthews517@earthlink.net writes:

When my  sister and I were young (maybe 4 and 9), we used to sit in the back
"seat"  with my mom and dad in the front of the 1600 WITH THE TOP UP!!. Bear
in  mind, this is before the days when kids had to be "strapped in" and  were
"allowed" do be ejected during an accident.
Change the hinges on  the trunk to make a rumble seat, and you can get SIX in
a roadster!  (keeping in mind that the cargo capacity of a roadster is approx
480 lbs!  including driver!) At 260 lbs, I can only take my dog and my tools!
Matt  Smith - SEROC

Hey, with today's snappy technology (velcro) you can just "strap them ON TO
the rollbar" and run two short people in the back of a 2L or 1.6 (grins).

I, my sister, my brother (13 years apart) survived without the aid of  seat
belts, my daughter sat in a wind up swing in the back of my '69 Chevy Van  on a
cross country tour back in the mid 70's.  Heck if seat belts are so
important, why haven't they mandated them on motorcycles (harharhar).

Took my 1600 and 2000 on around town trips yesterday.  Grins and  giggles and
enjoying the ride(s) daily.

Gary Lasater  - Parker CO
founding member _www.WyCROC.org_ (http://www.wycroc.org/)
1963 SPL310-00161C (Single  Carb)