Re: [Roadsters] Cylinder head

To: " Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net"
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Cylinder head
From: "dave" <daveandlindab@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 19:57:02 -0500
It's not too complex, Cam cover off, usually both manifolds off or at least
disconnect the header and remove it from the head and exhaust pipe.  Cam
gear unbolts from the cam, and you can use the the little bolt to hold it to
the top of the timing chain bracket, it will make sense when you see it.
There are, I believe 2 small bolts or studs from the head to the timing
cover, and that bolt I ALWAYS forget that holds the timing chain guide to
the head. IIRC Small bolts are 10 mm head, standard wrench, the head bolts
are 10mm Allen head.  If you don't have hex (allen) sockets, what I do is
buy a 10mm "l" shaped allen wrench, cut it on the long arm so it's about 1-2
inches long, stick it in a regular 10mm socket and wrap some tape to hold
it.

Couldn't find anything online , but the basic Chilton manual covers it all.

Dave Brisco
ECR