Re: [Roadsters] Cylinder head

To: gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Cylinder head
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 09:24:23 EST
In a message dated 3/6/2008 4:50:58 AM Pacific Standard Time,
gtpjimgammon@yahoo.com writes:

Years  ago I had a head warp on my first roadster, and like an idiot, I had
it  shaved.

A few weeks later the cam broke in half.

You can't make this stuff up.

Jim

When you have an overhead cam head shaved you need to shave both sides. If
you don't the cam tower pads are out of line and the cam will have a bend. This
 leads to it breaking in two. You would be suprised how many "professional"
shops  don't know this. Reinstall the cam without the valves first. You should
be able  to turn the cam by hand. If not, there is a problem.

keith