Re: [Roadsters] Cylinder head

To: aultgc@att.net, daveandlindab@comcast.net, bubwin@mts.net,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Cylinder head
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 23:12:09 EST
In a message dated 3/8/2008 6:32:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,  aultgc@att.net
writes:

I'm sure  there are people out there smarter than me, but my opinion is as
follows:

It makes no difference how one loosens the head  bolts.  I am sure that many
heads have proven to be warped after the  heads bolts are loosened, and the
head is removed.  But, I believe  the condition is the result of stresses
induced in the head by improper  cooling or other factors, and that it makes
no differences how the  "tension" is released.  When the head and block are
cool, there is no  force I am aware of which could result in warpage, unless
the head is  already under differential stress "contained" by the clamping
force of the  head bolts.

Gary Ault

It might not make any difference but it can't hurt either.

keith