fot

Re: European GP (not LBC)

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>, <emanteno@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: European GP (not LBC)
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 09:30:33 -0700
Hey Bill, Went there had a great time.  Everybody (myself included)
complained about the heat on Saturday.  It cooled down yesterday and made
the racing bearable.
Car ran very good except always hot.  I have the PI setup on it an it seems
to have lots of hp up through 6000 rpm's.  A lot better than the ZS carbs I
had last year.  It runs too hot though and I need to find out why.  I'm
going to look for a vacuum leak , there's plenty of places for those to
happen.
I don't quite understand the air bleed valve on it.  You adjust the idle by
allowing more air in to the throttle bodies and it seems that if I closed it
up it would run leaner.  But then I have to open the butterflies to keep it
idling decently, and I think it leans it out again.
The fuel mixture is all dictated by manifold vacuum, the less I have the
more fuel it delivers.  I think I have around 12" vacuum at idle and I'm
think of making some kind of vacuum bleed of valve to monitor it with.
Anyway, I had a great time at Mission, I cooked my first set of brake pads
on Saturday and went to some Hawks  pads for Sunday and they worked well
(much cooler day also).
Sorry you couldn't be there.  Robin Bee had his TR3 out there and was having
fun also.
Charly Mitchel