fot

Re: European GP (not LBC)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: European GP (not LBC)
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 20:35:02 EDT
In a message dated 5/30/2005 9:58:44 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
BillDentin@aol.com writes:

Anyway...[Danica] is a hell of a driver.  Born in nearby Beloit,  WI.  Done
laps at
our own BLACKHAWK FARMS.  I sure hope she can  handle the 'media frenzy' (for
the sake of open wheel motorsports in the  USofA).  That has got to impact
her
focus and concentration.   And like I say, she's a hell of a racer...'the
real
deal'.

========
>From what I've seen, she's not had, nor likely will have, any problems
handling the frenzy or keeping her focus. Saw her last Monday night on
Letterman;
she certainly seemed very poised and focused there.  (Granted, the host of the
show happens to be one of her employers, but I suspect  that didn't really
matter.) And I was really impressed after yesterday's race,  when she freely
admitted her two "rookie" mistakes -- mistakes that I suspect  not just rookies
made. (Heck, she seemed to have been one of the very few who  "lost it" but
didn't destroy the car as a result.)

In some ways, I think Letterman said it all after the race: "She's not 23
years old. She's no kid."

--Andy Mace