fot

Re: Hallett Shootout - Car Classification

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hallett Shootout - Car Classification
From: <dos_gusanos@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2005 11:14:04 -0700
Interestingly enough, this all came up at the last VMC meeting in the
aftermath of the big BRIC incident.  The clubs actually discussed what could
be done to bring cars back down to a level of period correctness, especially
since many of the trans am cars at the BRIC would have run well in the 1970
Can Am race and are significantly faster than Donahues or Parnelli Jones' cars
of the era.  I don't expect much to change as most clubs take anybody with an
entry check and lack intestinal fortitude to turn vintage racers away at the
gates.  A perfect world would feature cars prepared correctly  for the period.
I personally salute the guys who stick to the rules and contribute to the fun
and affordability of the sport.  Stick with the TR3's,  Good luck finding
places to run the 7's and 8's.

Henry Morrison