fot

Re: Oil choice

To: vinttr4@geneseo.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oil choice
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 13:36:14 EST
In a message dated 02/06/2006 12:06:01 PM Central Standard Time,
vinttr4@geneseo.net writes:

> Subj:Oil choice
> Date:02/06/2006 12:06:01 PM Central Standard Time
> From:vinttr4@geneseo.net
> To:FOT@autox.team.net
> Sent from the Internet

Jack:

Interesting.

We (Brick, Dentinger, Wismer) use a 'break-in' oil in a fresh engine, and
then change to Mobil1 after the first (mild) session.  For my part, I was
heavily
influenced by Dan Wilke (YARD RACING) because he had a one-on-one visit with
Roger Penske at a bar in New Berlin several years back.  CART was in town
(Milwaukee Mile) and Penske was (alone??? hard to figure) at a very fancy
upscale
grommet restaurant.  Dan was there with his girl friend Debbie.  They were all
sitting at the bar waiting for tables.  During the conversation, Penske swore
that the "...Penske team CART cars use the same Mobil1 you can buy off the
shelf at any dealer."  Dan found that hard to believe.  Penske said, "It's a
fact."

Regardless, we've been using Mobil1 since.  We've had no issues.  Of course
we don't drive as hard as some others.

Bill Dentinger