fot

Re: [FOT] OD Switch on shift lever?

To: Chuck Arnold <triosan@gmail.com>, Friends <fot@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [FOT] OD Switch on shift lever?
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 10:28:02 -0700 (PDT)
Chuck: In the Randy Williams' TR3A I used the TR3 shift lever which has a hole
coming into the side below the boot level, and going up through the center all
the way to the knob. I took a wood knob, removed the TR cloisonne and drilled
it to fit a toggle switch. I then hollowed out the knob enough for the toggle
switch to fit into. Worked great! The PO had me remove it after a few races
because he said he kept hitting it accidentally when shifting. Of course, the
car didn't go any faster until Randy bought it. I believe the TR3 shifter fits
the TR4-6 gearboxes. Also, to address the "not knowing if OD is on or not"
question I put a light on the dash to indicate the OD is on. This also helps
because after numerous lock-out switches failing in various cars, I remove the
switches completely, and I hope the light  will show the driver that the
solenoid is engaged before they throw the car in reverse and tear crap up.
Thanks - Ed

Chuck Arnold <triosan@gmail.com> wrote:   I am assembling a racing TR5 with OD.
Want to put the OD switch on the
gearshift lever. Does anyone have a recommendation on what is the best way
to do this? Did any Triumphs come this way?
Thanks,
Chuck

--
Chuck Arnold