fot

Re: [FOT] OD Switch on shift lever?

To: charly@mitchelplumbing.com, triosan@gmail.com,
Subject: Re: [FOT] OD Switch on shift lever?
From: "tr4.tony@virgin.net" <tr4.tony@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:57:32 +0000 (UTC)
HiI run a short toggle switch on the dash - just in range of my little finger
on my left hand (so reverse that for you guys on the dark side) fitted into the
closest hole on the TR4 centre switch panel (choke goes there on a standard
car) - this is just peachy.The toggle switch activates a logic device which
pushes in the OD, which then drops back out if you change gear - so big
downshifts 4th OD to 2nd (ouch says the gearbox) are quick.I tried both the
stag / 2000 saloon car gearlever button type arrangement but didnt like it -
maybe this will be good for you. Also seen a spun alloy knob with a toggle
switch dowelled into it but hated that too.Lastly the works TR4's at some point
used the TR3 type barrel OD switch on the dash - I didnt like this either.If
you want to know more about the toggle / logic device email me off
list.RegardsTony