fot

[Fot] knockoff Datsun brake drums

Subject: [Fot] knockoff Datsun brake drums
From: yellow04 at tr4racer.com (Yellow04)
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2017 20:09:29 -0400
The consensus is the OEM Datsun drums are the best Al-Fin alternative that is
somewhat available. Finding a pair that are not run out is not so easy any
more. I have two pairs on my shop floor now that are over 230mm, the max size
embossed on the drum. I am thinking I might arch my shoes to fit the oversize
drum, but at some point that steel band in the aluminum drum will be
compromised by being too thin, not sure I want to find out what too thin is!

John, there are two things you need to take into account with regard to your
blue spots showing up in your rear brakes. First, sure, you added rear brake by
increasing the bore size of your wheel cylinders. Second, your lap times are
going down, you are going faster. The faster you go, the bigger this problem
will become. This is a good problem, but your days of running stock brake
material may be coming to an end!

www.ctbrakes.com