FW: fuel tank filter

To: "Healey" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: fuel tank filter
From: "Neal Grotenhuis" <grotenhuis@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:40:36 -0400
Subject: RE: fuel tank filter

There was an excellent article about this in Austin-Healey Magazine within
the last few months (June issue?).  I found if you remove the sending unit,
you can use a penlight and dental mirror to peek under the baffle to see the
end of the pickup tube.  Mine had no visible filter.  As a precaution to
ensure I had nothing clogged inside the tube, I followed a suggestion to
drill a 1/4" hole into the brass fitting, then ream with suitable wire.  Tap
the hole, fit a brass bolt, and file to suit.  This was done with an empty
tank on the bench.

Neal G.
61 BT7