Re: Re:Knock Off, again

To: Mark and Kathy <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Subject: Re: Re:Knock Off, again
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:51:19 +0800
Mark -

Brass is much harder than copper, not softer.  Pure copper is quite
ductile.  Your standard copper penny from the 50's is actually a
copper alloy.

Brass is rather hard, it is a alloy of copper and zinc or tin.  That's
why Graf Zepplin mechanics used brass tools rather than copper
tools... because they were much harder.

http://encarta.msn.com/encyclopedia_761569662/Brass_(alloy).html

Regards,

Alan