Re: Ten Improvements

To: Editorgary@aol.com
Subject: Re: Ten Improvements
From: Blue One Hundred <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 09:41:21 +0800
Gary -
 I'd drop the high cost items - most people would never make the conversions
due to too much money... so drop the gear reduction starter, five speed
gearbox, and modern fuse panel (huge hassle to rewire). I'd replace those
with:
 1) FACET pump replacement for SU (very reliable),
2) Rear main engine seal
3) the Soft - Polyurethane trunion and a-arm bushes from Australia

And on the battery, I would specifically recommend getting the gel battery
i.e. Optima or Exide Orbital... and I would recommend getting it for all 12
volt cars regardless of 12 volt or 6 volt batteries.
 Regards,
 Alan