Re: Ten Improvements

To: cd3000@bigpond.net.au, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ten Improvements
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 12:42:30 EDT
In a message dated 9/9/05 4:29:42 AM, cd3000@bigpond.net.au writes:

> Personally, I'd recommend a distributor rebuild and regraph - rather than
> just masking some of the obvious bearing wear with a pertronics.
>
> Lets face it - what sort of advance curve does a 40 year old, worn out
> distributor have?
>
> The correct answer is 'who knows'

Or do what many racers do: Get your original Lucas distributor rebuilt
properly, then insert a Pertronix Ignitor into it -- gives you the best of both
worlds. And, no, I don't like Mallory distributors for one simple reason --
they're red and big -- did I mention they were red. Now that just looks wrong
in a
Healey engine compartment. Most folks probably wouldn't notice an alternator,
but they're certainly going to wonder about this big red thing stuck down on
the side of the engine.
Cheers
Gary