RE: Old cars banned?

To: "'Ph.J.Aeckerlin'" <j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl>,
Subject: RE: Old cars banned?
From: healeyolic <healey6@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 18:20:08 -0500
No problems in New Jersey. We can register the cars as regular cars and have
them go through an inspection process or as Classic Cars with a "QQ" plate
which restricts our driving to meets, repair shops, etc. However I doubt if
that requirement is really enforced. I am sure that you will hear from the
other 49 states. It is just too easy to state that the driving is to check
out a recent repair.

This may be a good time for everyone on the list to send in their states
foibles so that a complete record can be maintained of our politicians
pandering.

This reminds me of when I had a boat 10 or so years ago and there was a big
outpouring from the environmentalists to prohibit boaters from dumping their
port-a-potties overboard into the ocean -- 10 ounces or so of urine (OK more
if I had a couple of brewskis) One of the major boating magazines said that
they would agree to this requirement if they could be told by the
politicians who was going to diaper the whales. Think of it!!

John Sims, BN6
Aberdeen, NJ

www.healey6.com