Re: Old cars banned?

To: bspidell@comcast.net, j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old cars banned?
From: N5572B@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 22:39:12 EST
In a message dated 11/5/05 3:02:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
bspidell@comcast.net writes:
In a rare case of political common sense, 1968(?) and older cars have been
exempt from smog tests in California for several years.
California is 1975 and older are smog exempt.  We used to have a rolling
exemption that went back30 years but the Supreme Soviet in Sacramento, in a
closed
door late night agreement, repealed that law and put the '75 model year as
the last of the smog exemptcars.  Hopefully we can get a new legislature that
is
smarter and will reistitute the rolling smog excemption.  It is getting very
hard to find smog parts for those old cars as they age and they are usually
not driven that many miles anyway.

Cheers,
Dave Duffey
59 BT 7 project