Re: Old cars banned?

To: j.aeckerlin@tiscali.nl, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Old cars banned?
From: Chucknsueo@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 07:47:50 EST
Jack,

In Delaware older cars are allowed to be registered and do not require
emissions testing.  I got lots of attention when I brought by BT7 in for
inspection, apparently the inspector had one at one time and asked a lot of
questions
about it.  The only snag I ran into is that the state of Delaware  sets the
value of the car regardless of what you paid for it and they charge a  2.75%
transfer tax on the amount when you change the car title.  They said  my car
was
worth at least $12,500 even though I bought it not running and in  need of a
complete restoration and paid much less than that for it.

Chuck Ott
Middletown, DE USA
62BT7, 67BJ8, 69AN9