RE: Garage lifts

To: "'Dave Carpenter'" <d.carpenter7@verizon.net>,
Subject: RE: Garage lifts
From: "Peter Schauss" <schauss@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 23:40:46 -0500
Dave,

I bought a four post, "Double Park", lift from Cytech about seven years ago
and have been very happy with it.  For me the primary advantage of a four
post lift was that it did not require permanent installation.  This greatly
simplified the installation .  Aslo, if I want to move it to the other side
of my garage or further back from the door, I can.
Since 90% of the work that I do on my MG and Healey can be done with the
weight of the car on the wheels, I do not consider this to be a major issue
with a four post lift.

The major things that I considered when choosing among the various offerings
of four post lifts were the spacing between the ramps (to handle the narrow
track of the Healey) and the height of the fixed vertical stops.

HTH,
Peter Schauss
1980 MGB
1963 BJ7