Re: Racing Sims w/Healeys

To: "Patton Dickson" <57healey@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: Racing Sims w/Healeys
From: "Chris Dimmock" <cd3000@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:32:27 +1100
Hi Patton,

I'd forgotten all about the "Rally Trophy" game.

Back in February, 2003, I had an email exchange with Michael Beattie, who set
up the physics model for the suspension and engine for the Healey 3000s for
the "Rally Trophy" Game.

He'd found my dyno sheets at http://www.myaustinhealey.com/dyno_sheet.html and
asked me for more specs to 'set up' the Healeys - diif ratios, gearbox ratios
etc

Michael really wanted accurate detail - he already had my dyno sheets from my
website - but he wanted to ensure that the game - which had a works rally car
(in the preview I saw back then the image was the Pat Moss URX-727 car) - had
accurate specs for a Works rally car.

I sent him a snippet from "The works Big Healeys" Peter Browning PP 164- 165

1965 works rally Healey 3000 EJB 806C:
"Engine bored out to 2982cc 45 DCOE weber carburettors, six branch exhaust
manifold, alloy cylinder head, high lift camshaft, 11:1 compression ratio,
175bhp at 5,600 rpm AT THE REAR WHEELS"

My Dyno sheets had 160BHP at the rear wheels at 5,500 rpm - and 250 lb/ft of
Torque at 4,400 - 4,600 rpm.

I suspect that the cars in the simulation ended up with my torque curve (over
220 lb/ ft torque between 3,000 rpm and 5,700 rpm with 250 peak at 4,400 -
4,600) - and EJB 806C's BHP!!

:)

I also gave him the specs of the 'last' RAC car - over 200BHP - and the 1962
car - from Peter Browning's book.

Best

Chris

www.myaustinhealey.com

PS I met two 3000 drivers today - from London. Rick Dyke-Price and Stuart
Woodhead (and their wives Diana and Jenny).

They'd just spent 3 months driving from London to Sydney - by the most
overland route via China - 28,000km - the 'M&M's Friendship Rally.

They arrived in Sydney today at around 3.00pm

Several of us went to meet them. An amazing effort. Aren't Healeys great!!

More soon..............