Re: Racing Sims w/Healeys

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Racing Sims w/Healeys
From: Patton Dickson <57healey@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:48:54 -0600
WST, the Game that I use is called Rally Trophy.  It was published in
2002, so its not on the shelves anymore, but can be bought online at
Amazon or eBay.  It seems to be widely available in the UK.  There are
two Healeys available for this game which were built with input of
fellow listers Dave K and Chris Dimmock.  The Healeys are available
from www.no-grip.net.

There is also a Healey available for Need for Speed 4: High Stakes
that can be downloaded from this French site.
http://www.kcendra.com/nfsbolide/index.htm its in the "Download
Roadsters" section.  I don't have the game, so I don't know how good
it is.

I have a couple of other plugins on my website that I found around the
web, including a Bugeye for Grand Theft Auto Vice City, but that game
is not a racer game.

A new game is available in Europe, and will be released in the US
early 2006 called GT Legends which will have a Healey option built in.
  There are links to a few screen shots.

http://www.gt-legends.com/img/screens/GTLegends_12.jpg
http://www.gt-legends.com/img/screens/GTLegends_24.jpg
http://racingfr.com.free.fr/images/GTL/healey_cockpit.jpg
http://gt-legends.fia-historic-racing.com/typo3temp/pics/7d66583789.jpg

I have a wheel, and if I were to do it over again, I would get one
with a clutch and a shifter.

This may make a good article for one of the Mags....

Patton

--
Patton Dickson - '57 A-H 100-Six
Homepage - http://Austin-Healeys.com/

Looking for a vendor, use "The Monster List"
http://www.putzl.com/monster/vendors.html