Brake Light Sensor Switch

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Light Sensor Switch
From: TimWardUK@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 03:46:13 EST
Hi List

For the second year running I am going to have to change the sensor unit on
my BJ8. The brake lights do not come on with only gentle pressure, but do come
 on when the brake pedal is pushed really hard. As most driving on roads
usually  only requires light pedal pressure to slow down I have been getting a
few
 signals from other motorists that my brake lights are not working.

Does anybody have any suggestions about where I can source sensor units  that
will be sensitive enough to work correctly? Or any suggestions about how to
overcome the problem if the modern units are just not good enough? Are there
other car makes that use the same units which may have access to better
quality?

Looking forward to your replies

Tim
1967 BJ8