Re: Brake Light Sensor Switch

To: John Soderling <jsoderling@astound.net>,
Subject: Re: Brake Light Sensor Switch
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 12:00:53 -0800
John:

A friend here recently tried about 3 of the VW switches in a row in his
BJ8 - they didn't seem to last any longer than the current Healey
replacements which everyone seems to be having problems with.  He runs
silicone brake fluid - I'm thinking that has something to do with it.

I have silcone fluid in both cars, one with its original switch, the other
with a Healey replacement that is now about 12 - 14 years old.  No problems
with either one yet.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BT7 tri-carb