Re: Brake Light Sensor Switch

To: alan@andysnet.net, TimWardUK@aol.com
Subject: Re: Brake Light Sensor Switch
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 14:36:26 EST
In a message dated 12/5/2005 2:16:38 PM Eastern Standard Time,
alan@andysnet.net writes:
because the brake lights are mounted real low on the car, I mounted a third
brake light to the trunk mounted luggage  rack.
A spring project is to remove the present LED third-brakelight light bar that
I have mounted on the boot lid and install to the inside of the hardtop rear
window a third-brakelight sold by JC Whitney.  It is adjustable so that the
lens is more or less perpendicular to the ground, uses incandescent bulbs which
I think are better for this application because they are not as directional as
are LED's and so are more visible to drivers no matter what the height of
their eye.  Plus it has some small pilot lights that indicate whether the brake
light is functional.

Best--Michael Oritt, 100 Le Mans