Re: OD Concern----revised

To: Roland Wilhelmy <rwil@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: OD Concern----revised
From: Dave & M <rusd@velocitus.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 22:27:47 -0700
Right on, Roland,

The main difference in the viscosity ratings is that:

Engine oil viscosity is SAE rated at 210 degrees F.
Gear oil viscosity is SAE rated at 100 degrees F.

For example, Redline lists their MT-90 as a SAE 75W90 gear oil with the
same viscosity as SAE 40, 10W40, & 15W40 motor oil.

Regards,
Dave Russell
BN2