RE: Seat Belts

To: "Don" <don@anglesey.us>,
Subject: RE: Seat Belts
From: "Tom Felts" <tomfelts@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:01:10 -0500
In all due respect Don--what you say is just plain uninformed--to say the
least.  Having spent my working life in the Health and Safety field I can
say with no reservations that safety devices/safety training/hazard
identification and elimination-etc -etc save many lives on a continuing
basis.

With this philosophy, you would send workers to work on a 2 foot ledge 50
feet in the air W/O a safety belt.  Or, not guard a rotating shaft---or
allow workers to be exposed to just about any substance out there.

You ever see the results of a person who has been ejected from a vehicle
because "YES" because he wasn't wearing a safety belt?   Surely you have
read those statistics.

No personal offence intended.  I'm just amazed that this philosophy still
exists.

tom