Re: belated info on bagging journals

To: healeylist <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: belated info on bagging journals
From: Bob Haskell <rchaskell@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 06:40:53 -0400
Reid,

No one contacted me about replacing the damaged issues.  I guess I wasn't
vocal enough.  I will go through my magazines and send you and Big Mike a
list.  As I've stated before, the Marque is the only magazine/catalog we
receive that is consistently damaged.

I have discussed the problem with my delegate in the past.  But as you say,
the club does not feel that it is a big enough problem to saddle the
membership with the additional expense.

Sure, it's the fault of the USPS.  But if you were filling your Healey with
gasoline and the pump didn't shut off when the tank was full, would you
just let the pump keep pumping fuel because the malfunction wasn't your
responsibility?  Would you use the same pump the next time?

Apparently the vocal ones feel the the magazine is something of value, that
they want to keep.  Not something to read and throw away.  So condition
matters to them.

Cheers yourself,

Bob