Re: [Healeys] Wheels

To: don@anglesey.us, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wheels
From: bspidell@comcast.net (Bob Spidell)
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2007 15:49:36 +0000
I think (not 100% sure) 60-spoke painted wheels were stock
on BJ8s (chrome was an option).   When I bought my BJ8,
it had them, and I kept breaking spokes (lots of nice curvy
roads around here).

Also, I believe all but the last of the Big Healeys came with
bias ply tires.   Put new, sticky radials on and you're putting
much greater side loads on the spokes.

I agree that 72-spoke wheels don't necessarily solve scuttle
shake, but that issue has been addressed in the archives.

bs

From: "Don " <don@anglesey.us>