Re: [Healeys] Wheels

To: "Healeys" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wheels
From: "Don " <don@anglesey.us>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:37:03 -0600
Where the wheel is placed on the hub.

Bob describes it better I just didn't get my magnifying glass out to
look at them.

"The tops of the hub splines should be flat, not rounded.  From the
side, the profile of the spline is an isosceles trapezoid.

"The hubs are (probably) cut round on a lathe, then the splines are
cut perpendicular.  If you look at new hub splines with a magnifying
glass, you can see the machine marks from the lathe on the top.

If the splines are "sharp;" i.e. there is no flat surface on the top,
the hub is shot (wheel or adapter)."

Enjoy,
Don