Re: [Healeys] Wheels

To: edwjkeuer@comcast.net, healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Wheels
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 16:40:20 -0400
Edward,

If you have a few hundred extra dollars in your pocket then by all means go
with the 72s.  However, the 60s are adequate for most even spirited driving.
Realize that even 72s will have to be trued by someone.  More spokes does not
equate to balanced.  Trued wheels and round tires make a difference!

As for hubs follow the recom that others have given.  If worn replace them when
replacing the wheels.

One word of note.  I have found that balancing the rear drums makes a HUGE
difference in the shake.  I have bubble balanced several drums and they all
required anywhere from about .5 up to 2 ounces of steel rod welded to the
perimeter of the drums!!!  If you can get hold of an old fashioned bubble
balancer and have some welding capabilities then you can do that yourself.  I
borrowed the balancer from my friendly mechanic.

Keith Pennell