Re: [Healeys] Dropped the engine - source for manifold-carb studs?

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>, Healey list
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dropped the engine - source for manifold-carb studs?
From: <tomfelts@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 8:20:38 -0500
This is just a rambling comment about lifting engines in general---but---anyone
else out there ever remove an E-Type engine.  Just a little bigger than a
Healey, and when built, they added two lift hooks to the head bolts for that
purpose.  I will tell you though that when that big engine is hanging above the
frame rails it looks pretty unstable and you have second thoughts on those two
lift hooks.  But----having done it several times, they hold!  Removing engines
has always been a scary act for me.

tom