Re: [Healeys] oil pressure relief valve

To: Healeys <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] oil pressure relief valve
From: Robert Duquette <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:03:04 +0000
That's a lot of "what ifs".  :)
I have a bad memory, so correct me if I'm wrong.  Here's the way I remember
the issue:- he had more oil pressure before he rebuilt his engine- he replaced
the oil pressure relief valve ( or just the spring? ) as part of the
rebuild- His original question was regarding whether air in the line to
the gauge could be affecting things.
"What if" he just put the old spring back in so that he's comparing apples to
apples?
( while perhaps comparing the 2 springs for length while they're both in his
hand. I'm not sure how you would compare the strength of the springs. Someone
knows. )

I believe the response that he got to the "air in the line" question was that
"pressure was pressure", but I really don't think that it would hurt to try
that.  We tend not to like air in our brake lines.  So what do you have to
lose besides time?
I'm really an ignoramus on these issues, but I was just thinking ... I know,
it doesn't become me!  ;)

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html