Re: [Healeys] New Classic Technologies Fuse Box

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] New Classic Technologies Fuse Box
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2015 22:23:57 +0100
A good idea to save old technology. The switches are old and have worn a
fair bit. They have a higher resistance than when new so they develop
more heat and get damaged that way as they carry the full brunt of the
circuit they are in. Using relays means that only a very low current is
going through the switches without developing a lot of heat. Also having
only two large fuses causes a lot of damage when something goes wrong
and there is a short. Burnt wires, ego or perhaps the car. Anyway a lot
of money and time is needed to rewire.
The more modern approach with a proper fuse/relay box will take a fair
amount of time and some money to install, but it puts your mind at ease.

Kees Oudesluijs