Fw: another long day

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: another long day
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 18:22:09 -0800
yeah.. and today wasn't one I would call a record day.... found some water
in the oil of the C motor I was going to run in a couple of weeks ...
pulled it out to put the new heads and cam on it... damn sam.... couldn't
find a gasket problem... so we are going to the Local motor shop to check
it out... not good...
I am worried about it having froze this winter... not likely but
possible... we don't have that many cold days here but the few we had could
have been deadly... hmmm  Oh well it doesn't really matter other then I had
this great plan put together.... now it is all up in the air... You gotta
love it...

----------
> From: V4GR@aol.com
> To: kturk@ala.net
> Subject: Re: another long day
> Date: Tuesday, March 09, 1999 9:47 AM
>
> In '78 we were running on a 103mph record or something like that. I had
my 32
> five window stock roof with a 270 GMC and 2 Corvair turbos. Didn't cost
much
> and went 158 one way. My Vega has run in BGas/Alt with a fourbbl 460 Ford
> (198) and a more expensive 455 Pontiac ( not mine-208 mph) and now with a
392
> which is given parts from a boat racer who stepped up to a KB and swap
meet
> stuff. No new parts and I expect it might run around 200. No records
there.
> Jack Costallas liner is so slick that I think my Nissan V6 in his car
should
> be ok. We are hoping for 260 on a 220 record. We'll see. He went 332 with
> 302 sbc using a 4bbl manifold and 4 Quadjet secondary butterflies for his
own
> injectors.
> We all plan this so well we should be able to phone in results, and BNI
mail
> out trophies. But no, we have to see what happens on the salt.
See