Re: Fw: another long day

To: <land-speed@autox.team.net>, "John Beckett" <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
Subject: Re: Fw: another long day
From: "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:58:53 -0800
well if I look real close and use my imagination.... I might be capable of
justifying a little leak in the Manifold Gasket... I hate this part... the
guessing thing .... there was so little water in the oil that none was
standing.... just came out a little milky... I was running Kendall which
may account for it not separating as easily... something about ash.. Hell I
don't remember what the engine builder said... but he was going to pressure
test the block today and that should help...answer the question....

gotta go find me some aluminum 1/4 inch tubing for the new fire system...

Keith Turk
Austin Healey 100  /  Bugeye / Box Sprite / Bonneville Land Speed Racer
Camaro ( D Gas Altered )

----------
> From: John Beckett <johnbeck@blueridge.cc.nc.us>
> To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>; land-speed@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Fw: another long day
> Date: Wednesday, March 10, 1999 7:03 AM
>
> Sorry to here about the water. The best laid plans of mice and men, and
all
> that stuff. At least you have another motor to step up to. Maybe you'll
get
> lucky and find a head problem. You were going to change those anyway,
right.

> JB
>

> At 06:22 PM 3/9/99 -0800, Keith Turk wrote:
> >
> >yeah.. and today wasn't one I would call a record day.... found some
water
> >in the oil of the C motor I was going to run in a couple of weeks ...
> >pulled it out to put the new heads and cam on it... damn sam....
couldn't
> >find a gasket problem... so we are going to the Local motor shop to
check
> >it out... not good...
> >I am worried about it having froze this winter... not likely but
> >possible... we don't have that many cold days here but the few we had
could
> >have been deadly... hmmm  Oh well it doesn't really matter other then I
had
> >this great plan put together.... now it is all up in the air... You
gotta
> >love it...
> >
> >----------
> >> From: V4GR@aol.com
> >> To: kturk@ala.net
> >> Subject: Re: another long day
> >> Date: Tuesday, March 09, 1999 9:47 AM
> >>
> >> In '78 we were running on a 103mph record or something like that. I
had
> >my 32
> >> five window stock roof with a 270 GMC and 2 Corvair turbos. Didn't
cost
> >much
> >> and went 158 one way. My Vega has run in BGas/Alt with a fourbbl 460
Ford
> >> (198) and a more expensive 455 Pontiac ( not mine-208 mph) and now
with a
> >392
> >> which is given parts from a boat racer who stepped up to a KB and swap
> >meet
> >> stuff. No new parts and I expect it might run around 200. No records
> >there.
> >> Jack Costallas liner is so slick that I think my Nissan V6 in his car
> >should
> >> be ok. We are hoping for 260 on a 220 record. We'll see. He went 332
with
> >> 302 sbc using a 4bbl manifold and 4 Quadjet secondary butterflies for
his
> >own
> >> injectors.
> >> We all plan this so well we should be able to phone in results, and
BNI