Re: Windshield scratches

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Windshield scratches
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 1995 08:16:00 +0500
>        5)  I was happy with the result, but I would never do such
>            a thing with a crack, as they have a nasty habit of
>            getting longer at the worst times

If you only want to keep a crack from getting worse, and not necessarily to
completely repair it, drill small holes very neatly at the ends of the
crack. Relieves and redistributes the considerable amount of stress there.

After that, the glass-repair filler goop might work surprisingly well.
--
Jay Tilton / jtilton@vt.edu  (vt = Virginia Tech  vt <> Vermont)
Home page: http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html