Re: Re[4]: MGB Heater Removal

To: Michael.Lytton@sierra.com
Subject: Re: Re[4]: MGB Heater Removal
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 1996 10:00:58 -0600
Oh, I don't know. Taking the heater core out may be a good idea if you want
your heater to work well. And to take the heater core out you gotta disconnect
some stuff from under the dash and through the vent ports on each side of the
trans hump. Then you pull the whole heater box out and then you can easily get
to the core.

When the heater was new, foam was wrapped around the core to prevent the air
from going around the heater. That foam is likely to have turned to dust a long
time ago. Also, dust, dirt, leaves, and junk may have clogged up the vanes in
the heater core. Now the air must go around the core.

There is foam tape for use when putting a camper shell (cap) on a pickup truck
that is about the right width and thickness for the sides of the heater core.
And don't forget to cut a little foam to fit the core nipples coming out of the
heater box.

I've thought the LBC heater works pretty well if the core is clear on both the
inside and out and the air is channeled to actually go through the core. I
always had to close my side vent in the Midget to keep the heat off my
right shin. The SO thought the heater was just fine.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69MGC/GT, '75TR6