RE: Fw: mgb conversion

To: <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fw: mgb conversion
From: "Larry Hoy" <list@marketvalue.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:15:51 -0700
Pay particular attention to Kelvin's comment below.  I chose to use the
BOPR V8 engine.   As a result when I converted my car I was helped along
the way by dozens of V8 friends.  Friends that had 'been there and done
that'.  Not only did they offer encouragement, but their knowledge was
invaluable.

The BOPR conversion has been done so many times, parts are readily
available.  There are multiple suppliers of things like headers, throw
out bearings, engine mounts, intakes, carburetors, starters,
tachometers, speedometers, etc.  All those items are available to anyone
overnight.

Sticking with the BOPR engine means there are very few parts that you
have to fabricate; and if you choose the 'easy' car to start with, there
is little to do to the car.

Good luck,

Larry Hoy