Re: Bleed System

To: Daybell7@aol.com
Subject: Re: Bleed System
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 14:49:08 -0500
Cc: mgs@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Steve,
   There are several ways to do it; I can't speak to a 'best' way.
   One is to use the Gunsen bleeding tool, a one-way valve that keeps air
from sucking back into the system when you lift your foot from the
brakes.
   Another is to use any of the tools that pushes fluid from the slave
cylinder back to the MC.  This works well for bleeding the clutch.
   There is the MightyVac tool that pulls a suction at the bleed screw.
   And there's a tool that pressurises the MC and pushes fluid to the
slaves when you open bleeder screws.
   Each has its boosters and its detractors; they all work for some.
Bob

On Tue, 5 Dec 2006 13:46:05 EST Daybell7@aol.com writes:
> MG'ers,
>
> What is the best system for one-man bleeding?  My wife doesn't seem
> to enjoy the process as she once did for some reason.
>
> Thanks.
> Steve Hughes
> Gainesville, FL
> 72 MGB