Re: [oletrucks] Here's an easy one: Which Oil Filter?

To: "Jay Duncanson" <jay@duncanson.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Here's an easy one: Which Oil Filter?
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 22:28:34 -0400
Jay,

    That oil filter is not original. I've long since ditched mine, but it
was about 4" diameter by 6" tall. What you have sounds like it may be an
aftermarket item,  maybe from a big truck application.

    For what it's worth, these bypass filters are of dubious value. They rob
oil pressure and dump the (allegedly)  filtered oil right back in the pan
with all the dirty crud. Given the quality of modern oils, you are better
off plugging off the filter fittings and changing oil more often.

    Jack / Winter Park FL