Re: [oletrucks] Here's an easy one: Which Oil Filter?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Here's an easy one: Which Oil Filter?
From: Jay Duncanson <jay@duncanson.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:21:01 -0700
On 8/25/99, Advdesign1@aol.com wrote:

> the filter was an option, so the factory didn't think it was
>necessary.  Plug
> off the 2 ports at the block....

Wow, you guys are great! I'd never have considered running a vehicle
without an oil filter, but what you say makes sense. Thanks.

As to oil, then, what weight would be recommended for the 216 in the
mild Northern California climate? Single or multi? I had asked
previously about synthetic oil and got one "Don't do it!" and a bunch
of "Oughta be fine" responses.
Jay Duncanson                              jay@duncanson.com