Re: [oletrucks] Wiring harness

To: EEHodges@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Wiring harness
From: Andrew Roberts <arobs@becker.u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 00:07:46 -0800 (PST)
Emory,

You might want to see if your wiring harness has a specific year on it.
My '49 has a large fuse box (about 4" X 6") with headlight fuses, like
yours.  In '50, Chevy decided that using both the thermal shutoff
on the switch and the fuses was redundant and switched to a smaller fuse
box with just two fuses, for tail and stop.  I just checked GS's website
and they do sell both harnesses, but they could easily have sent you the
wrong one.

For those who've been on the list long enough to remember me:  I haven't
posted to the list for quite some time now, but rest assured that I am
still alive and well, just taking a lot of hard classes.  Hopefully I'll
have some progress to report around Christmas time, maybe even a web page.

Keep on truckin,

Andrew Roberts
1949 3600