[Top] [All Lists]

Re: [oletrucks] Howdyaget an "Easy Out" Out?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Howdyaget an "Easy Out" Out?
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:46:48 -0500
I have used the tap extractors mentioned below but I must say if the 
tap is wedged in there or stuck these extractors did not help my situation.
The  fingers are extended out of cylinder and slid down the grooves or 
rigdes of the tap, you then slide the cylinder down onto the fingers which
keeps pressure on them. The extenders in my case just twisted---and
did nothing. If you have a hole that you are cutting threads in (tapping)
and you goof and snap the tap-this would do the job, but I really doubt
it in a securely stuck bolt.  I wondered when I first got my truck, after
changing the exhaust header gaskets why one had what appeared to
be a sheet metal screw in it, after investigating I found a broken bolt with
what appears to be an attemp to remove it with an easy-out, which was
broken off and it still resides in the head...        Wayne

>The Walton Company makes tap extractors which are like easy outs but have 
>extendable fingers that go into the flutes to unscrew the broken tap.   If 
>you want to call me during working hours (NY EST) I'll get their number off 
>the box.

      For a quick view of our mailing list members trucks:
oletrucks is devoted to Chevy and GM trucks built between 1941 and 1959

<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>