[oletrucks] Dual exhaust plumbing

To: "Chevy Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Dual exhaust plumbing
From: "Stephen" <slb1@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:22:30 -0800
I have decided to install a Clifford heated intake and Clifford headers on
my inline 261.  I am now needing to decide on how best to plumb the exhaust
for best performance gain.  I will be installing an Edelbrock 500cfm
4-barrel.  It has been suggested, for best performance,  that I bring both
headers together into a single 2 1/2" pipe using a Flowmaster muffler and
continuing on with a 2 1/2" tailpipe.

What thoughts do you have on the best way to go.  I am not looking for loud,
but do want to see a performance gain with all the new hardware.

Thanks,

Stephen
'50 Chevy Suburban
'58 Chevy Fleetside