Re: [oletrucks] Dual exhaust plumbing

To: Phil & Debi <imstobu@stargate.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Dual exhaust plumbing
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:55:13 -0500
I've heard that Dynomax super turbo is quieter than Flowmaster, their
advertising claims it is but don't really know for sure. I tried dual glass
packs on my 235. At an idle or light throttle they were OK but when I put my
foot in it I had to check the mirror to make sure a small aircraft hadn't landed
in my pickup bed. After reading California's Bill Fishers book on how much HP a
restrictive exhaust can rob I wanted performance but really didn't want the
noise. I switched to the Dynomax turbo's located in stock position and although
slightly louder than stock they are pretty quiet and claim to be less
restrictive than glass packs. I'm not running a crossover pipe and imagine one
would quiet it even more.

Grant