Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)
From: "Keith" <kvdurand@mail.esc4.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 22:56:15 -0800
The Ford EEC can easily be tuned with some sort of external adaptor. I hate
to go Frod...but it is a nice piece. A custom PROM or specialized equipment
is definitely needed. There seemed to be some disussion of just bolting
stuff up, but there's more to it. A mass airflow system allows more
modifications than a speed density system, but more than likely neither
would just bolt on and run. Easiest method is to go with Motronic, Jetronic,
Accel, or Haltech computer, but expect to pay about $1000. Add 6 injectors
at about $50-80 each.  Not cheap, but I've heard 20% increase in power AND
economy.