Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)

To: kvdurand@mail.esc4.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 23:59:52 EST
In a message dated 1/31/00 8:47:03 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kvdurand@mail.esc4.com writes:

> The Ford EEC can easily be tuned with some sort of external adaptor. I hate
>  to go Frod...but it is a nice piece. A custom PROM or specialized equipment
>  is definitely needed. There seemed to be some disussion of just bolting
>  stuff up, but there's more to it. A mass airflow system allows more
>  modifications than a speed density system, but more than likely neither
>  would just bolt on and run. Easiest method is to go with Motronic,
Jetronic,
>  Accel, or Haltech computer, but expect to pay about $1000. Add 6 injectors
>  at about $50-80 each.  Not cheap, but I've heard 20% increase in power AND
>  economy

  Yes, it's not just a simple bolt on, I was referring to TBI as a easy way,
TPI or l/J would require more, but if I recall the Volvo I had was a Bosch
K-tronic? ...does that sound right?   It just had a fuel distributor and the
nozzles were open all the time, not really "E"FI.  More like a diesel engine.

The biggest obstacle would be the intake (IMO) for a TPI i-6. I think the
electronics from a V6 TPI could be adapted, unless someone like Ford or Dodge
uses a individual injector-per cylinder engine, not sure, but I think they
are all of the "TBI" variety, in order to.

Maybe something to get real intrested in after I do T-5 swap.

Mike