Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 09:43:47 -0700
Why would anyone want to put EFI on a 235?  The first reason would be to
see if you could do it!  The second reason is because it would be almost
totally ironic....and thus, a worthy project.

Kind of like why I put a Pentium processor in my old IBM XT
computer...or why I built an extended cab 59 pickup...

HEI is quite practical, so it needs no excuse.

I like these fun discussions    :)

Jim

-------------------------------
Grant wrote:

I don't get it.  If you want to go modern, why not go all the way?
Isn't
putting EFI or HEI on a 235 like adding an ISDN modem to an Apple II
computer?  Don't you just end up with something which is neither
technologically superior, as a complete modern engine might be, nor
aesthetically cohesive?  Kind of an odd ball mix and match?

Not that I'm criticizing.  Just want to understand.

Regards,

Grant S. gls@4link.net