Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Points/hei/efi (cool discussion coming!)
From: CLLLSLS@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 22:16:51 EST
"There is an additional element to this whole thing that is also important to
me.....individuality.  Having something unique.  I like to think of my truck
almost like a signature.  It is unmistakeably mine......someone sees it go
by, and they say..."Gordon's truck".  So adding technology here and there
and mixing it in to match my personal taste and definition is all part of
that......

Gt"

Couldn't have said it better myself! I also like doing things just for the
challenge. I'll take something on just to see if I can actually do it. I'm
slowly beginning the building of a turboed/injected GMC 270. Putting a V8 in
there is just too easy. Turbocharging, fuel injecting, intercooling is a
challenge.

Nobody should have to explain why they want to do something the way they want
to. Don't ask "why mix old with new/why not a V8/why not IFS/why leave it
stock?" Everyone has their own reasons for building their truck the way they
want it. That's what makes it their truck. If we all built our trucks the way
other people wanted them, our trucks wouldn't feel like our own.

Personally, I would like to see more discussion on EFI. Some of you have to
have done this before or have insight in this area. I've looked at EFI
mailing lists/discussion groups on the net and they're way above my head. I'm
keeping myself pretty busy digesting the stuff I need to know about turboes,
but I'm beginning to realize that EFI may be just as involved as the turbo
aspect of my project. Keep the EFI info flowing!

Dustin
50 & 53 GMC 1/2 tons